As such it can issue tax-deductible receipts for donations over $2.00.
by Rotary Clubs or Districts
Rotary Clubs and Districts can contribute to Rotary Foundation Global Grant projects which we facilitate.
Our role is to draw together the parties, including both International and Host sponsors, and to facilitate the Global Grant application and its passage through The Foundation.
Projects are defined to cover the training of a new group of teachers over a period of three years. All of the teachers of schools in nominated area are invited to attend, of whom we expect at least 80% to participate. The schools are those associated with an administrative area of the Department of Education, generally comprising one or two high schools and their feeder primary schools. The selection of target areas is undertaken by LEARN in consultation with the Department of Education.
Sponsorship entail a commitment to contribute funds to the project. The amount is entirely at the discretion of the Club or District, and can be spread over the three years of the project.
In the course of the project formulation process, a Club or District from anywhere in world is nominated as the Primary International Sponsor, and a Club in Nepal as the Primary Host Sponsor. They become jointly responsible for the formal submission of the application to The Rotary Foundation and for the subsequent management of the project.
That management role entails:
* entering a Memorandum of Understanding with LEARN for the delivery of the training
* collection and transmission of funds, including payment of LEARN upon satisfactory delivery of services
* monitoring progress and reporting to The Rotary Foundation.
There is also the opportunity for Sponsors to become more actively involved, including volunteers attending training courses. There is also the opportunity to sponsor trainees. In both of these ways you can develop relationships with Nepalis. This could lead to other projects of assistance to the local community.
It should be noted that once a Global Grant project is initiated, QEN has no continuing formal role, though we do maintain oversight and provide assistance as necessary.
Rotary Foundation Global Projects, while they provide n effective way to extend training to new groups of teachers, do not address our entire funding needs. We have two particular further requirements that do not fit the Global Grant Project model:
* further development of LEARN and extension of its services into other areas (including researching the impacts of training that has been delivered)
* providing annual refresher training for all teachers who have entered our programs.
To meet these needs, we require funding from other sources.
To make a donation, please:
Bendigo, Victoria 3550 Australia;
Swift Code:BENDAU3B. Transfers can be made in Australian dollars.
Please send an email to email@example.com to advise of your contribution, giving your address for the receipt; or
* mail a cheque to: Quality Education Nepal Inc.
29 Blue Mount Road, Trentham, Victoria, Australia 3458
The steps are:
2. Enter the project number (43) and year (2009-10), then click "Find this project". When the project appears, click "Donate now".
3. Fill in the Donor Details, enter the donation amount, and enter any special requests.
4. Nominate credit card as your method of payment. Then follow the instructions.
Please note the RAWCS option for periodic payments. These are much appreciated as they help our budgeting.
Your nomination will trigger reminder emails at the nominated frequency which will give you options to:
* proceed with the donation
* skip the donation but continue sending reminders
* cancel this and all future scheduled donations.